Presented annually at the ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng). Authors of the winning paper will share a $1000 honorarium and each will receive a plaque.
- 2015 | Angelo Di Iorio, Raffaele Giannella, Francesco Poggi, Silvio Peroni, and Fabio Vitali. Exploring Scholarly Papers Through Citations
- 2014 | Joshua Hailpern, Niranjan Damera-Venkata, and Marina Danilevsky. Truncation: All the News that Fits We'll Print
- 2013 | Thanh-Ha Do, Salvatore Tabbone, and Oriol Ramos Terrades. Document Noise Removal Using Sparse Representations over Learned Dictionary
- 2012 | Graeme Gange, Kim Marriott and Peter Stuckey. Optimal Guillotine Layout
- 2011 | Niranjan Damera-Venkata, José Bento and Eamonn O'Brien-Strain. Probabilistic Document Model for Automated Document Composition
- 2010 | Cheng Thao and Ethan V. Munson.
Using Versioned Tree Data Structure, Change Detection and Node Identity for Three-Way XML Merging.